Netflix Inc is the largest ott company in terms of paid Subscription and the 9th largest internet company in terms of revenue.
|Company Name||Netflix, Inc.|
|Company Former Name||Kibble|
|Founder||Reed Hastings, Marc Randolph|
|CEO||Reed Hastings, Ted Sarandos ( Co - CEO )|
|Headquarters||Los Gatos, California, USA|
|Total Subscribers||210 Million|
|Annual Revenue||$26.392 Billion ( FY21 )|
|Operating Income||$3.759 Billion ( FY21 )|
|Areas Served||Worldwide Except China, North Korea, Syria, Crimea|
|No: of Employees||9,400 ( 2020 )|
Netflix Mission Statement, Vision Statement & Values
Netflix Mission Statement
Netflix has mentioned its core Strategy and Mission in its 2020 annual report.
The mission is what a company is trying to do.
Our core strategy is to grow our streaming membership business globally within the parameters of our operating margin target. We are continuously improving our members’ experience by expanding our content with a focus on a programming mix of content that delights our members and attracts new members. In addition, we are continuously enhancing our user interface and extending our streaming service to more internet-connected screens. Our members can download a selection of titles for offline viewing.
It means their mission statement consist of three major elements
- Quality Environment: Netlfix has invested a huge amount in developing user-friendly platforms, web shows, movies, and documentaries to attract new customers and retain its existing customers.
- Global Leader: Currently, Netflix has over a 210million subscribers, followed by prime with 200 million and Disney plus with 95 million.
Netflix is available across 190 countries and in 30+ languages. Over 40% of Netflix users are from the united states and Canada, the remaining 60% from the world market.
Netflix Vision Statement
Netflix’s Vision is
To Retian the Position Of Being King of OTT in the Internet Entertainment Era.
Vision is what a company wants to achieve in the future.
- Winning The Race: Competition in the ott industry growing because production house is starting their own platforms like Disney, HBO, paramount, etc. to complete with them Netflix is investing enormous amount on producing their own content as per the FY21 Netflix has invested over $17 Billion for Production of web shows, movies and documentaries to Retina its top position in Entertainment industry.
- Global Dominance
Also, Read SWOT Analysis Of Netflix
Netflix has highlighted its core values in its jobs section, which are:
- You make wise decisions despite ambiguity
- You identify root causes and get beyond treating symptoms
- You think strategically and can articulate what you are, and are not, trying to do
- You are good at using data to inform your intuition
- You make decisions based on the long term, not near term
- You are concise and articulate in speech and writing
- You listen well and seek to understand before reacting
- You maintain calm poise in stressful situations to draw out the clearest thinking
- You adapt your communication style to work well with people from around the world who may not share your native language
- You provide candid, helpful, timely feedback to colleagues
- You learn rapidly and eagerly
- You contribute effectively outside of your specialty
- You make connections that others miss
- You seek to understand our members around the world and how we entertain them.
- You seek alternate perspectives
- You say what you think when it’s in the best interest of Netflix, even if it is uncomfortable.
- You make tough decisions without agonizing.
- You take smart risks and are open to possible failure
- You question actions inconsistent with our values
- You can be vulnerable in search of truth
- You inspire others with your thirst for excellence
- You care intensely about our members and Netflix’s success
- You are tenacious and optimistic
- You are quietly confident and openly humble
- You seek what is best for Netflix rather than what is best for yourself or your group.
- You are open-minded in search of great ideas
- You make time to help colleagues
- You create new ideas that prove useful
- You re-conceptualize issues to discover solutions to hard problems
- You challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better approaches
- You keep us nimble by minimizing complexity and finding time to simplify
- You thrive on change
- You collaborate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures
- You nurture and embrace differing perspectives to make better decisions
- You recognize we all have biases and work to grow past them
- You intervene if someone else is being marginalized
- You are curious about how our different backgrounds affect us at work, rather than pretending they don’t affect us
- You are known for candor, authenticity, transparency, and being non-political.
- You only say things about fellow employees that you say to their face
- You admit mistakes freely and openly
- You treat people with respect regardless of their status or disagreement with you.
- You always share relevant information, even when worrisome to do so
- You accomplish amazing amounts of important work
- You demonstrate consistently strong performance so colleagues can rely upon you.
- You make your colleagues better
- You focus on results over process
- Encouraging employees to make decisions independently.
- Transparency among employees over-sharing ideas
- A friendly relationship with colleagues
- Retaining and hiring only highly talented employees
- Avoid rules