Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. often known simply as Chipotle, is an American chain of quick-service restaurants in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, and France that specializes in tacos and mission burritos prepared to order in front of customers. The name is derived from Chipotle, the Nahuatl name for a smoked and dried jalapeño chile pepper. Let us see the overview of the Chipotle before moving onto Chipotle Mission Statement.
Overview of Chipotle
Chipotle is one of the first chains of fast-casual restaurants. Competitors in the Mexican fast-casual market include Qdoba Mexican Grill, Salsarita’s Fresh Mexican Grill, Moe’s Southwest Grill, Rubio’s Coastal Grill, and Baja Fresh. Chipotle was founded by Steve Ells on July 13, 1993, and had 16 restaurants (all in Colorado) when McDonald’s Corporation became a major investor in 1998. When McDonald’s fully separated from Chipotle in 2006, the chain had grown to more than 500 locations. With more than 2,000 locations, Chipotle generated a net income of $475.6 million in 2015 and employed more than 45,000 people.
In May 2018, Chipotle announced it was moving its headquarters to Newport Beach in Southern California, ending its relationship with Denver after 25 years.
Chipotle Mission Statement
Chipotle mission statment is to provide ” Food With Integrity ” The precision in this mission statement illustrates the uniqueness and high level of focus Chipotle brings to its work. It echoes the company’s unwavering commitment to being the best at providing food so that the customer feels valued and honored. The following key points relate to this chipotle mission statement.
- Health Improvement: Chipotle has chosen a unique brand that distinguishes the company from the other fast food companies around the world. The concept behind Chipotle’s food product preparation methods emphasizes how much the company values the health of its customers. Chipotle is aware of the impact the ingredients that make up a food product have on the overall health of the people it serves, and this explains its commitment to using only the genuine and natural ingredients. As the company puts it – the kind you can recognize and pronounce.
- Reasonable Pricing: Regarding the first element of Chipotle mission statement, the prices for the different food items are undoubtedly the best a customer can find. They are even more attractive considering the freshness and naturalness of the food, which many satisfied customers have confirmed in the thousands of reviews and praises about the company. Pricing is often a very touchy subject in any industry, but Chipotle definitely got it right with its strategic and customer-oriented pricing.
- Food with Integrity: When it comes to what Chipotle offers its customers, there is no debating the content of Chipotle’s food. The company has made a name for itself as one of the most trusted companies of its kind, offering balance in the fast food industry with its naturally made products. In fact, it offers every guest the opportunity to consider their preferences and options in everything they get. All you have to do is place an order and specify the level of customization to suit your needs. This means that there are no limits for customers and that Chipotle never compromises on the preferences of its customers.
Also, Read SWOT Analysis of McDonalds.
Chipotle Vision Statement
Chipotle vision Statement is to ” Do More Than Roll Burritos as we Work to Create a Better World ” Chipotle vision statement was not officially released by the firm, but a look at its general practices gives rise to this implicit vision statement.
It is representative of everything the company does and considers a priority. The following factors relate to Chipotle vision statement:
- Do More: Chipotle has proven that it is not like other ordinary companies out there. The branding and distinctiveness of its products speak to this status of the company. Moreover, the flexibility with which Chipotle incorporates its customers’ wishes into the type of burrito or any other food ordered is simply outstanding.
- Cultivating a Better World: Chipotle has won the hearts of many of its customers because the company goes beyond its customers’ expectations and works for the overall development of communities. In doing so, the company underscores its relational perspective and demonstrates that it is more concerned with creating lasting connections with the world than focusing solely on generating profits in order to grow itself. For example, the company has been praised for its numerous participations in fundraising campaigns to promote social and environmental developments around the world.
Chipotle Core Values
Chipotle core values include “a commitment to the best ingredients, serving everyone, sourcing from farms and an emphasis on quality and responsibility.” The company has a long list of values and how they contribute to the overall goal of business development.
Chipotle’s first priority is to use the right ingredients to ensure the food is the best for everyone. To achieve this, the customer makes it a point to get everything from the farmers to have a 100% guarantee of fresh and natural ingredients. In the subsequent preparation, it depends on how the experts proceed, and as the company indicates, they do it by hand. The care and time spent on this is a sign of how responsible the company is, and the ultimate goal it wants to achieve is quality.
Key Takeways By Business Mavericks
- The bottom line on this fast food joint is that this business is here to stay. It is the most popular place when it comes to Mexican food and is appreciated by all the locals who are experts. They have stayed true to their roots by using handmade tortillas, beans, herbs and spices that appeal to the taste buds of locals and newcomers alike while maintaining the trust of old customers.
- There is no doubt that Chipotle is being overtaken by fast food joints serving Mexican cuisine. In the decades that this company has been in the market, it has gained many allies and the support of its customers, who are loyal to it when it comes to preparing tasty food and filling their mouths. The cheerful attitude of the staff also supports the food.
- The environment also contributes to the popularity, as each branch is the right place to meet with friends and family. The overall ambiance is distinctive. The cheerfulness and good nature of the employees is only matched by their inclination to help customers with questions and special requests about their food. The company is doing well economically, and its stock is rising steadily as well.
- It is an excellent idea for investors to put their money into fast food chains, as they are the next best investment next to various Silicon Valley companies and tech giants that have been in the market for decades. Chipotle’s shares have not seen a decline in recent years despite the pandemic. This will only benefit the company due to its overall reliability and track record.
- So not only has Chipotle proven itself as an excellent fast food restaurant, but it is also a magnet for people looking to invest or students looking for a reliable chain that offers affordable and healthy meals at reasonable prices. Their reliability and ever-changing menu have attracted customers from all ages who want to enjoy a quiet meal from time to time. If you learned more about Chipotle Mission Statment through this article, let us know what you think in the comments below.
FAQs of Chipotle
What are the 13 characteristics of Chipotle?
Chipotle employees are required to have 13 characteristics to ensure a healthy environment and customer satisfaction. The characteristics required vary from person to person and by position. However, the core values are motivated, contagiously enthusiastic, respectful, curious, presentable, happy, honest, courteous, intelligent, ambitious, energetic, hospitable and conscientious. These qualities ensure that customers are satisfied with the service provided by employees.
What makes Chipotle unique?
Chipotle’s motto was inspired by its founder, Steve Ells; it stems from everything he learned about American food production. He was passionate about what he knew and strived himself to offer better food than the fast food chains. That’s why Chipotle claims its meat is better than what fast-food restaurants serve their customers.
Why is Chipotle stock so high?
Chipotle creates value for the shares that investors buy through their accounts. It has always been one of the most expensive, but steadily growing food stocks to buy. The company has remained consistent in the market over the years. The company has $28 million outstanding, which is why the strike price is so high. Also, investors have predicted the rise of fast food companies because the world relies on fast food restaurants. This is another reason why they are more popular than traditional restaurant chains.